Fall 2020 Season: Sept. 15 – Oct. 2
Grades: 9-12 Girls
Practice Times: 6pm – 7:30pm
Practice Location: Pier 25
NO FALL INDOOR SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL SEASON?
NOT COMFORTABLE PLAYING VOLLEYBALL INDOORS YET?
THEN JOIN OUR TUESDAY EVENING GIRLS YOUTH LEAGUE FOR 9-12TH GRADERS @ OUR BEACH COURTS ON PIER 25!
Big City Volleyball is offering organized team practices in a COVID safe environment in downtown Manhattan. Players will have the opportunity to practice their skills and work on their game just as if they were back in school in a team setting outdoors this Fall.
In order to participate, newcomers who have not played in our Girls Youth League before must attend a Try-Out Tuesday September 15th at 6pm. All those trying out, should have prior playing experience on either a club or school team or have taken our youth volleyball classes / Summer camps. Try-outs are $25.
This program is a great alternative to club volleyball and also to players who want to continue their school team experience with weekly practices and refereed matches, without the surplus of expensive fees, long drives to compete, 6-month commitment, and holiday tournaments.
For players who qualify, the Youth League program will cost $250 and include:
- 5 Weekly Evening Practices Tuesdays from 6pm – 7:30pm
- Practices will consist of socially distanced drills and scrimmages while adhering to health and safety protocols (coaches & players in masks)
- 6-Player Teams
- Experienced Big City Coaching Staff
- A chance to start playing weekend matches when allowed (additional fee)
- Transition to indoor practices for those interested when it gets too cold to play outside
- Only 36 spots available
There is no need to try-out again unless instructed otherwise! Click below to register for the Fall Season and be sure to fill out the form, no detail is too small.
*Prefer to have a Custom Designed VolleyPod made up of classmates, friends or teammates, email us at email@example.com for more details.
BCV Health & Safety Precautions
- All Staff will wear Masks/Gloves
- Players will use hand sanitizer before / during / after play
- When not playing all participants must wear masks
- Strict cleaning and sanitation measures including wiping down all surfaces & balls before / during / after play
- All participants will have their own ball and be assigned to a socially distanced practice areas marked by cones
- Health Screening process for participants prior to entering the session ( Liability Waiver and Health Questionnaire ).
- Temperature check
- Bring your own water bottle
- Wear shorts with pocket (easier to hold mask)
*Want to schedule some private / group instruction to prepare for try-outs, email us for details.
Again please note that our try-outs and practice league will be following the COVID safety guidelines that have been established which you can see by clicking here .