***Sign-Up On-Line In Advance***
Tired of waiting on long lines or showing up 3 hours early to a gym just to try and get a spot. Well wait no more!
Sign-Up in advance to participate in Big City Volleyball’s weekly Open Play Tuesday through Sunday afternoons and evenings with locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens.
All gym locations have two courts, conveniently located just a few blocks from major subway stations.
Who Can Participate:
Intermediate to Advanced players only! Players must be able to handle a free ball, pass accurately, serve consistently, and play bump-set-spike volleyball rather than just returning the ball to the other side of the court. (In Big City that’s Divisions 3, 4 & 5). If you cannot do the above, you will be asked to leave. You don’t have to currently play in the league to participate.
*Please note that in order to play on the Advanced Court you must be familiar with running both 6-2 & 5-1 rotations, know proper blocking and spiking techniques and be able to consistently pass hard driven balls. Level of play is equivalent to Big City Division 3 or better. Club or College experience strongly encouraged.
**If you do not meet this criteria we will move you to the intermediate court or ask you to leave the gym. Arguing with League Supervisors will lead to a ban from all Big City Activities.
Manhattan: (Fri 7:00pm-10pm) (Sat 1pm-4:30pm/ 4:30-8:00pm) (Sun 1:00pm-4:30pm/4:30pm-8:00pm)
ES – High School For Environmental Studies (444 West 56th Street – between 9th & 10th Avenue) – Go Down the ramp to the green door to enter and check in with security, gym is on the 3rd floor.
Online Price Per Session: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Session $17 ,
Brooklyn: (Tuesday & Wednesday) 7:00pm-10:00pm
SFC – St. Francis College (182 Remsen St.) – Enter lobby check in with security then proceed to escalator to 4th floor, make 2 lefts upon entering 4th floor to get to the gym.
Online Price Per Session: Tuesday and Wednesday Session $1 7
How It Works:
- Each court will have up to three teams of 8 players. games will be to 21 points rally scoring. Players will sub in on dead balls. If a team wins two games in a row they must sit one game.
- Only players who register on-line will be guaranteed a spot.
- Players who pay at the door will not be given a spot to play until all on-line registered players have been checked in and then only if space permits.
- Players can register in advance as many people as they like per session.
- Players can Register in advance for as many sessions as they like.
- *Must be 21 years old to participate.*
- *Only 48 spots per session.*
- (ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS)
Big City Volleyball prides itself on friendly competition. Please play fair and maintain respectable behavior towards your teammates and opponents. Call your own violations! (Nets, Sets and Out Balls). If you are rude in any manner or raise your voice you will be asked to leave and not allowed to participate again.